RE: DRSSTC III Success 48" arcs from a 12" secondary!

Hi Dan,

So you decreased the pulse width but increased the current limit to go from 34 to 48 inches. Normally I would think decreasing the pulse width would lower the coil power and make the streamers shorter regardless of the current limit. Perhaps the coil is arcing far early so it never used all the 300uS pulse width anyway ?

When the coil arcs to ground are you hitting a current limit then ?

I assume you are using a half bridge so the buss voltage lower rail is 0 and the high rail is 340 ?

When you hit a current limit, how long does the coil shut down or timeout? Do you turn back on "instantly" when the current drops or do you put it to sleep for say 1/2 second ?

As you know I am up to something and these issues popped up. :-)) Thanks so much for sharing such great info!!

Cheers,

        Terry