RE: DRSSTC III Success 48" arcs from a 12" secondary!

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>

Total exposure time is approximately 8 seconds.

Thanks
Dan
http://www.drsstcbook.com

How many second exposure is the photo at this link?

http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/drsstc03_01.jpg

>DRSSTC III Success . . .
 >
 >Well, i have met great success with the prototype DRSSTC III coil i've
been
 >working on for the past year.  Our final prototype is finished and we
have
 >successfully exceeded our initial goal of 30" and we had many hits to
a 48"
 >strike target this evening.
 >
 >Originally, I had kept my current limit to approximately 550A, and
this was
 >keeping arc length down to about 32-34".  However, once I pushed it up
 >almost 700A, and reduced pulsewidth from 300us to 100us, i was easily
 >hitting 40"-48" targets with no problems whatsoever.
 >
 >I'm sure with increasing the current limit a bit more, i could
probably
 >snake a few more inches and possibly hit 50", but better not be
greedy!!!

 >Here is a photo (composite) of the DRSSTC III running this evening.
The