Re: DRSSTC Tuning Study (initial data)

Hi Dan,

Thanks for this wonderful data!!!

The very precise operation of the DRSSTC (a well known one) along with your data removes a whole lot of "noise" about streamer power, propagation, arc length etc!!!!

ScanTesla easily agrees with the coil's operation but is having trouble with the streamer lengths. One problem is that streamer capacitance increases dramatically as a streamer nears a ground strike target. I never had any data to deal with that before, I do now!! Your data allows allows me to tweak some of the streamer loads values in much better too.

Please post any further data on such things you come up with!! "I" am listening :-))) Be sure to mention dwell times, current settings, input voltage, etc. Since that is real important as I pump your data into the computer. The pictures also help a bunch in seeing the streamers and guessing about parameters for the model!! I am using a ruler on those pictures so it is nice to know the distance from the terminal to the target too. I have been able to figure all this out fine so far though.

The short streamers that miss the target have little added capacitance so I model their length. The streamers that hit need a new function to add capacitance to bring them
"further" to the target.  Having such precise data makes it easy ;-))

Cheers,

        Terry