BL Re: Re:(Holy) Crap!

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

> When the flame
> extenguishes at the top, I have noticed that sometimes a small por- tion
> of the arc flame will "detach" from the main body of the arc for  a
> split second before vanishing. The descriptions of "natural"
> ball lightning that I have heard seem to be much brighter and longer
> lasting than this. Just a thought.
    This touches on something that concerns me in BL work:
      Its realtively simple to come up with 'something'
      that 'looks like, sort of' BL.  Earliest that coimes to mind
      is ca 1930ish.

    However.

    Most/all of these have visible, obvious power sources.

    'wild' BL does not. Clearly wild BL HAS a power source, however
    its not clear to me what, or how close some of the 'lab scale'
    exercises contribute: the 'wild' state is highly different.

    best
     dwp