Re: Holy Crap!

Original poster: "R. Amaya" <dimon20042004@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi everybody,
The German phrase below translated into english is:

Into a beaker filled with seawater rise up two electrodes, whereby the one by Clay/tone tube is isolated from the surrounding water. If high voltage is applied, then flows for 0,15 Seconds a river by the water, strong up to 60 ampere.

Have a nice day,
Robert A.

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: Vardan

Hi,

At 01:04 AM 6/9/2006, you wrote:
>Terry, could you tell me how to set up the
>electrodes for this experiment? I'm having a
>hard time figure out just what this insulator
>around the wire is supposed to be in the diagram..

Here is a picture of mine:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/files/plasma-ball/electrode.JPG

It is 1/4 inch copper tubing covered with poly
tubing. For the end there is about 2 inches of
exposed copper in a 1/2 inch tube. Tape sort of
seals the bottom. Use a little mineral oil to
lubricate the tubing as you try and slide it on.

I think the paper said it is "small plastic" for
the tube although many translates say is is
"clay" too. In the photos and movies it looks
like plastic though. Someone who knows the
German language might be able to tell us for sure
since the words did not translate at all well
there. Clay would just shatter I think.

"""
In ein mit Salzwasser gefülltes Becherglas ragen
zwei Elektroden, wobei die eine durch ein
Tonröhrchen vom umgebenden Wasser isoliert ist.
Wird Hochspannung angelegt, so fließt für 0,15
Sekunden ein bis zu 60 Ampere starker Strom durch das Wasser.
"""

Or the paragraph under the diagram here:

http://www.ipp.mpg.de/ippcms/de/presse/pi/05_06_pi.html

I should be able to get access to 350uF 10kV cap
bank soon. They only had the cap, but I can
supply everything else ;-)) So I should get to
be able to try it at pretty close to full power.

They were demonstrating it at a big party and the
folks involved have credentials out the
wazzoo... So it should not be a fake thing at all...