Re: (Holy) Crap!

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

I'm in agreement that the picture looks wrong. The sodium in the salt water would give a orange/yellow color to the plasma unless it's vaporised copper salts mixed in. The thing sounds more like a water arc gun without the barrel. The balls that I have produced with my coils were like road flare bright.

In most natural cases, the ball is seen near carbon sources, which would make it a slow burning pyrotechnic system, rather than a pure plasma. That's why I favor the fullerene or fractal DLA models that the Corum's proposed.

David E Weiss"

I don't think the picture is faked as the lighting on the guys faces and in the background seems to match the color and intensity of the bal as it flares and fadesl. Can't say what it all represents of course...................................

Ed