Re:(Holy) Crap!

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

I'm in agreement that the picture looks wrong. The sodium in the salt water would give a orange/yellow color to the plasma unless it's vaporised copper salts mixed in. The thing sounds more like a water arc gun without the barrel. The balls that I have produced with my coils were like road flare bright.

In most natural cases, the ball is seen near carbon sources, which would make it a slow burning pyrotechnic system, rather than a pure plasma. That's why I favor the fullerene or fractal DLA models that the Corum's proposed.

David E Weiss