Re: Holy Carp! Ive seen it

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunnikillr@xxxxxxx>

big snipperzzz

When I was in 8th grade my teacher told us of her experience with "ball lightning" a sphere that entered thru the screen door and bounced around the room for a second or 2 and then with a muffled explosion dissapeared... we all thought she was nuts...

heres the weird thing ..at about 15 years old, I was looking out into the back yard from the rear patio during one of our infamous New Orleans style mid summer rain storms and lightning hit the power pole in our back yard striking the transformer in the process... the strike "seemed " like it lasted a second or so and as soon as the bolt broke ( quit) a blueish/white ball ( about the size of a large cabbage) had formed and hovered and moved along the lower wire of the power pole towards the next pole for about 15-20 feet, from there it "dropped" slowly ( almost floated like a worn out helium ballon) to the ground and bounced about 2 or so feet back into the air and sank once again to the ground then dissapeared ( went out) with a sound like a car door being slammed shut... the grass in the area of its 2 touch spots had died with in a week and the power pole had scorch marks where the bolt hit....

at that time I had no idea what I had witnessed it was just something really weird but just too kewl to forget...
Im just wondering if it was "ball lightning"..? if it wasnt ...  what was it ?

Scot D