RE: Tesla Museum - Belgrade, Serbia

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your reply. I must admit I don't spend much time following world
events, so I appreciate the info.

> all the europhobia aside (references to the film Hostel), you have to
> bare in mind that a NATO attack was launched on Belgrade in recent
> history, I don't know how the Serbians feel about this now, I imagine
> they are pretty indifferent; perhaps someone on the list from that
> region may have more to say about that. I don't want to get political,
> it's just etiquette for when you visit.
>
> As you are in Italy, you could pop-over the Adriatic sea and visit
> Tesla's childhood home, Smiljan (spell?), near Gospic. It got blown up
> during the Balkan conflict, but the Croatian government has rebuilt
> it, along with the town statue of him, which also suffered from a
> similar act.

This is nice to know as well. My wife is the big traveler and navigator, so
I'll see if we can fit it into the itinerary. I would certainly like to go
there as well.

> They have all of Tesla's' notes there, as you probably know, but they
> are quite protective over them. You have to be from a scientific
> organisation or hold a doctorate.
>
> It may be worth while reading one or two biographies, just to get a
> feel for the history.

Yes, that is in my plans as well, just before I leave. I also plan to put up
a page with photos and videos from the trip to share with you guys when I
return. I just found out that I'll miss the Cheesehead Teslathon, because I
won't return until the 9th, bummer...

Thanks again,
Cameron