Re: Tesla Museum - Belgrade, Serbia

Original poster: "Gav D" <gdingley@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Cameron,
all the europhobia aside (references to the film Hostel), you have to
bare in mind that a NATO attack was launched on Belgrade in recent
history, I don't know how the Serbians feel about this now, I imagine
they are pretty indifferent; perhaps someone on the list from that
region may have more to say about that. I don't want to get political,
it's just etiquette for when you visit.

As you are in Italy, you could pop-over the Adriatic sea and visit
Tesla's childhood home, Smiljan (spell?), near Gospic. It got blown up
during the Balkan conflict, but the Croatian government has rebuilt
it, along with the town statue of him, which also suffered from a
similar act.

They have all of Tesla's' notes there, as you probably know, but they
are quite protective over them. You have to be from a scientific
organisation or hold a doctorate.

It may be worth while reading one or two biographies, just to get a
feel for the history.

I envy you,

Gavin

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

It looks like I'm going to be able to visit the Tesla museum in Belgrade
this coming September. I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I leave
so I will be better prepared when I get there. Has anyone been there and
could you provide any insightful tips?

My wife and I are actually going to Italy, but I couldn't go through the
rest of my life regretting not going to the museum while I was so close. We
plan on driving over one morning and spending the night in Serbia. Any
recommendations on travel from Italy and a place to stay while we are there
would be helpful.

Thanks,
Cameron