Re: A new mini-coil competition winner!

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx In a message dated 6/7/06 8:56:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Hi John.  I'm beginning to lean toward your theory more.  I do not
>think there is any "breakthrough" in efficiency with this coil.

Coils that double fire or fire say 5 times and then pause for 1/120th
of a second seems to arc further.  They sort of add power like a CW
coil but have the important disruptive pause of a 120 BPS coil.  It
is not obvious what that is doing to streamer formation...  Now that
we can study coils more closely, this effect seems to be "jumping
out" at us ;-)

I may have to get out the DRSSTC and look into that.  It has
computerized firing control so such things can just be programmed in...

Cheers,

         Terry

Terry,

I used the multiple fire and then pause method on my Compound
Storage DC Disruptive Staccato SG Coil system some years ago
to great advantage and obtained something like 60" sparks using
about 800 watts.  I fired for about 24 pulses, then paused for
about 1/4 second.  The output was visibly (and audibly) pulsed,
but the concept is there.  Basically the same as my staccato
tube coil systems.  A similar system was basically eventually
adopted by the solid state coilers.

John