Re: buying a pole pig

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

As Jack mentioned, overvolting the LV side will
probably work.  That, or 7200V might work fine by
itself, I don't know.  For $50 though, a 15kVA 7200V
pig seems like a steal.  I'd have a hard time passing
it up unless I knew (or strongly suspected) it was
contaminated.  I'll be interested to hear the results
of a burn test on this one!  "Orto"...  interesting...

---

Regarding the earlier post about PCB levels still
being unacceptable after draining and cleaning the
transformer:  I've heard the same thing.  If your time
is worth anything to you, it's probably better spent
building a MOT-based supply than scrubbing
carcinogenic substances off an old pole pig! ;-)

Regards,
Aaron, N7OE