Re: buying a pole pig

Hi Justin,

It may very well have pcb's. As long as you don't intend on bathing in the oil, I don't see a problem. The only problem is if you tried to dispose of the oil. As long as you leave it in the case and use the pig as intended, it's fine. If the pig doesn't work, well, then your stuck with a case full of pcb oil. So verify it works or get a written guarantee from the seller to buy back the pig if it doesn't work.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Justin <rocketfuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,

The opportunity to buy a pole pig just landed in my lap.
This pig was in service recently and was taken down a couple of years
ago when a new road went in.

Do you all think there's any chance it would contain PCBs?

I'm a bit wary of even messing with this sucker, but for $50 I can't
pass it up...unless it's full of PCBs in which case it doesn't seem
like a good idea.

Anything else I should look for?  I'll bring a meter with me to test
continuity, but if there's anything else I can try I'd appreciate any
tips.  Not sure what the KVA rating it yet, but it's about 3.5 feet tall
so I imagine it's "big".

Regards,

Justin