Re: Grinding flats into motor to make syncronous help!

Hi Nick,

There's a decent looking motor on eBay right now, but it's 1750 RPM where you seem to want a 3600 RPM.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Reliance-SXT-Duty-Master-AC-Motor-HP-1-2-Type-P-New_W0QQitemZ7625916843QQihZ017QQcategoryZ42920QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The most cost effective sync motor is usually just to buy a nice 1/3 or 1/2 HP motor and do the sync grinding yourself. I have a 1/3 HP sync motor (which I grinded for sync operation). It takes no time to come up to speed and locks very quickly. It works fine for the 12" disc size I'm using, but a 1/2 HP is common.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "seanick" <edgarsbat@xxxxxxxxxxx>

you are probably right. so where does one acquire a 3600 RPM synch motor that has more oomph for such a task? someone on the list had one recently, right? other than that, any suggestions?

Thanks Bart, you are helpful as always!
NICK