ScanTesla Version 7.60

Hi,

FYI............

I have been working on streamer (leaders really) load models a lot the last two days (OK, "ALL" I have been doing ;-)). For ScanTesla's new dynamic streamer load modeling. Many of the details are here:

http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2006/Jun/msg00025.html

But the streamer load is:

""""""""""""""
LengthTemp = 2.8 * sqrt(0.5 * VCsec_max * VCsec_max * (C2 + C3) * BPS); //Secondary energy length factor.

BreakoutLength = 2.8 * sqrt(0.5 * BreakoutVoltage * BreakoutVoltage * C2 * BPS); //Secondary breakout length.

if (LengthTemp < BreakoutLength) {C3 = 0.06666667 * LengthTemp * 1.0e-12;} //Streamer capacitive load.
		else {C3 = (0.15 * LengthTemp - 0.08333333 * BreakoutLength ) * 1.0e-12;}
""""""""""""""

Now that is a mess... But basically, small streamers near the terminal have very little added capacitance. The secondary terminal voltage, and its trying to breakout, - dominate the "load". Once the secondary voltage breaks out, the capacitance is a nice linear line as a function of streamer length dictated by Freau's formula with a modified constant. The coil's terminal geometry dictates where the inflection or transition point is as "breakout voltage". It finally DOES predict bigger top loads are better :-))))

BreakoutLength is due to the fact that you really can't break a 1 inch streamer from a 30 inch sphere ;-)) If you breakout, you have a "minimum" length...

The program's number are pretty close now, but could use some adjusting or at least verification... E-Tesla 6.20

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Programs/E-Tesla620.zip
can do that in like weeks of modeling on a 3GHz computer!! I will get that going now ;-)

But it is really "odd" now... There are so many "rules and constraints" that the models seem pretty "obvious"... There are just not a lot of "options" in streamer modeling now...

Streamer ground strikes are super odd!!! It takes "massive" currents to drain the system to match measured scope readings!! ScanTesla cannot handle the currents unless ultra small time steps are used... I am faking it by draining the system directly at the matrix level... The streamer model "fails" for ground strikes... There is "another" capacitance... But its displacement current might explain racing arcs !amazed

The future will tell all....

My SISG coil with its very low primary loss gets rid of most of the "noise"!!! I can "see" things now 8-))) Wonderful things !amazed

Cheers,

  Terry