To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2006 9:49 PM
Subject: Re: ASRG blowing diodes

Original poster: "MIKE HARDY" <MHARDY@xxxxxxxxxx>

I took most of the advice of all the helpfull responses to my problem.
I rebuilt the supply as follows:

- using an 800V, 35 A bridge
- line filters on the line input, and the DC output
- 9,600 , 100V cap on bridge output, bypassed with MMC cap
- Varistor on each output leg to ground
- case grounded to line ground
- 5A fastblow fuse between bridge and xfmr output

It worked fine tonight, with a total runtime of about 1/2 hour, mothing
blew.
However I got some pretty good shocks from the case of the PS. As I
said, it's grounded to line ground. Any ideas here? I don't recall this
before.