Re: Pole Pig BALLASTS - 4-Sale - and about 20 XRAY tranny's

Original poster: "Jack King" <ekklekktikk@xxxxxxxxxxx>

From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Pole Pig BALLASTS - 4-Sale - and about 20 XRAY tranny's
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 00:07:55 -0600

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Do you have any chokes rated for 100A ish? Or do they make bombarder chokes that big?

Yes, and yes. I have one that should offer (or near) 100% duty cycle passing 100 amperes that came from a cold cathode germicidal lamp lab.

Was gonna build one at a cost of 400$ just for the
iron laminations  alone.

Well, Iron is still a cheaper way to get "L" than with copper...lol

If you are an adventurous soul, and handy with basic machining, I can sell you all the parts needed to make a WILLICK 15 kva choke (minus the HAPTZ wire) for about 1/2 of what you were gonna pay - and the WIllick is a nice looking unit with a phenolic tunnel, 4 piece cast aluminum clam and feet, a formed and machined set of side irons that form a handle, and about 50 lbs of silicon strip in the 3.25 x 15" realm

...Let me know - I have a few options left on the "bigger" end of the spectrum...

Jack

Mike