Re: how much primary ???

Hi Mike,

Well, assuming 1.5" spacing between coils with your small cap size for a "goodly sized" secondary, about 285 uH. It's going to be a very wide primary if flat (22" O.D., 19 turns). If you have the power available, you might want to double up on the cap size to reduce those primary turns. Any reason why your using such a small cap and small toroid on such a large coil?

Take care,
Bart

Original poster: "Mike Tucknott" <michael.tucknott@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Guys

It`s been some time since I had to work this stuff out and I`m stumped

I know most of the coil paramiters but not the primary inductance

OK

The coil is:-

12 1/2" by 61" using 18AWG wire with a 6" by 28" top load the frequency is 64.73 KHz
I`m using 0.02 uF of primary cap.

So how much inductance do I need on the primary to get the system to tune.

I`v used a few PC programs but the figures are out of there range.

HELP

Cheers Mike Tucknott

Smokin in south Oxfordshire UK
<http://freespace.virgin.net/michael.tucknott/tesla.htm>http://freespace.virgin.net/michael.tucknott/tesla.htm