RE: DRSSTC Tuning Paper (Rough Draft)

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>

Here are the coil specifications:

Toroid:  13" x 4"
Secondary:  4.5" x 12" winding length
Secondary Wire:  30 AWG
Primary Coil:  Approx. 5.75 to 6.00 turns of 0.25" tubing (0.20 spacing)
Primary Capacitor:  0.108uF

Secondary Coil 1st turn is approximately equal to the top turn of
primary coil.  Spacing between toroid and top turn of secondary is about
2 inches.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Dan

Dan,
thanks for the information. JAVATC uses raw geometry to calculate the
resonant frequency, coupling factor, recommended tuning point etc. So
it would be easier if I had some of the coil specs. However, I can
input some guesses until the electrical parameters match what you have
here.

I assume the Cprimary is 0.108uF.

Thanks
Jim