RE: Toroid cores for GDTs

Original poster: Skip Malley <skip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dan,
I would love to see a photo of something that is better than the trifilar wound toroids that I referred to. I am always interested in improvements. I also love seeing unique solutions to specific problems. I would be genuinely interested in seeing a design that is better then the trifilar wound GDTs that I proposed. What kind of leakage inductance do the "homebrew / hand made" transformers have? The ones I referred to are good up to 500 KHz and 1000 Watts.

Happy coiling.

Skip