Re: hello (Re lead in wires in rolled cap)

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

It is a while since I did this but you take the heavy lead in wire stripped and roll it into an aluminium sheet eg disposable baking tray cut to size. the end of your foil (I used multiple layers) is rolled in with it. When perhaps a few inches are rolled in then crush or roll the lot with a cylindrical object to flatten it and ensure they are pressed hard together.

Peter

Original poster: "Dr. Adriano Mollica" <adriano.mollica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
.... But anyway this is not the main problem, the real one, is how to connect efficiently the copper wires to the aluminium foil, 'cause i suppose that the high voltage can start some sparks that will ruine the aluminium foil and the isolant very quickly. I red about rolled poly caps here, but no one explained very well and delailed how to make a safe ad durable connection between the armours and the coming out wires....
Adriano