Re: toroid

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hey Dmitry,

> 5kg seems pretty light for a 40" toroid. I suppose the lighter the
> construction the better, as long as it's strong enough to survive
> handling. Some spun toroids dent very easily.

i think that with two layers of 0.3mm of glass fibre mat i would have
zero problems with _handling_, maybe only with falling of it from 10m
height, or if some dork have jump on it. anyway - you can`t dent it -
only wreck, and my test piece (1 layer, 10x10cm) has some visible
degree of flexibility.
on the other hand - purposely denting of 1000$ thing must be very fun
i think : )

> I also have an 8" x 24" made from thicker aluminium  that I guess
> weighs about 3kg. If it were 40" it would probably weigh at least 10kg.

if it woild weigh 10kg, then it would be strong enough to hold a dork
on its surface, though not american 250lb one of course : )))

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D