Re: spark gap

Hi Tim,

Yes, I've thought of it, but have never tried that because I don't have machining equipment to ensure precise tapped holes which need to be perpendicular to the electrode face. Also, each end needs to be exactly 90 degree with the surface to ensure the electrodes are parallel with one another when mounted.

If you have the tools, you could certainly build the gap you are talking about and you would have the ability to turn each face as wanted. It's good idea.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Timjroche@xxxxxxx
Bart et al,
my opinion has always been that when you use tube, you have to mount it so it is stable, yet you got to pull air through it, making it inherently less stable. (answer being RQ gap), but i digress, i thought that if i tap the ends of rod and mount from that point, leaving me with 360 degrees of open space around electrode, making air movement techniques easier and more efficient....easier in that you have more options as far as types of fans, and this would also give you the ability to spin the electrode on its central axis, giving you the ability to change the "face" to a cleaner or unpitted etc...have
others tried this approach with success?