Re: 14kt gold-plated secondary

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes, it's cheaper, but wouldn't brass result in a much
lower Q factor?  If not, it might be interesting to
try it.  That's still 6 x $16.xx (= ~$100) for a coil
with just over 500 turns...maybe the low turn count
would make the higher resistivity less of an issue?
My intuition is probably failing me here :)

Aaron

http://poof-slinky.com/catalog/catalog.asp?org=3&prodid=22&catid=32&start=1&action=prov&;