Re: Cheap vacuum pump

Original poster: Ben McMillen <spoonman534@xxxxxxxxx>

If anyone's looking for a good pump cheap, I've got one lying around that needs a motor. I believe it's made by Varian, but I'll have to check. The motor windings are burned from what looks like moisture (someone probably let it get wet) and instead of replacing the motor the just bought an entire new unit (that's research for you)..

The motor looks pretty standard, so it shouldn't be hard to replace if you've got a junk pile like mine ;)

If you're interested then contact me off list and I'll get you some pictures so you can get a better idea of what you're dealing with.. This thing's been sitting around for about a year now and I'm tired of tripping over it..

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: "David Rieben" < drieben @midsouth.rr.com="">

Jonathan, all,

Agree with you there, though not fully for the same reason.
Tires are generally made of oil-resistant neoprene rubber
so I don't think the oil would be the biggest issue here. How-
ever, fridge compressors are designed to pump relatively
high pressure but not too much in the way of volume. I'm
not too sure what the CFM volume rating is on a typical
refridge compressor but I'm guessing that it would take a
WHILE to inflate a fully deflated 35 PSI rated 16Rx255 tire
on the rim. May be ok for inflating touring bicycle tires, but
probably not for most motor vehicle tires. ;^/

David Rieben

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list"