To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 12:35 PM
Subject: spark gap

Original poster: Timjroche@xxxxxxx
I'm running:
12kV 120mA NST
.03 uF 45kV maxwell tank cap
12 T .25" tube .25" spacing primary
4.343" OD 28awg 17" lng secondary
maj. dia 17" min dia 4" toriod

What is the best place to start a static gap? I have . 5" solid Cu (12 pcs. 4" long), .5" tube, 7/8" tube, and 1.125" tube...is hollow better? bigger dia? What about length? my 7/8" (6 pcs. 6" long) better than .5" 3"long? can you have to many gaps? i.e. total gap=.5", 2 tubes?, 6 tubes?, 12 tubes?

thanxs
Tim