Cold Cathode Transformer

Original poster: "C. Sibley" <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

I have the good fortune of recently purchasing a
15000V, 120mA "Cold Cathode" transformer made my
Transco.

The gentleman that I bought it from told me that Cold
Cathode transformes are not current limited.  I've
searched the list archives and have found a message
that states they *are* current limited.

So, here's the question, how can I tell if it is
current limited without damaging it?  Is there any
danger in drawing an arc and monitoring the current?

Thanks,

Curt.