Re: Critical rise time (RE: Terry's New Plane Wave Antenna)

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

for single pulse (or step) - yes, there is such thing like "optimal
rise time", but how this can be applicable to tc, where the full
discharge length forms from more that one subdischarge?

The answer to this question is not at all obvious. I think we have to wait until Marco Denicolai gets his numerical streamer model working. In the meantime I stopped worrying about it, made all my resonators with sqrt(L/C)=50k Ohms, and just adjusted the primary tap for the biggest sparks.

Steve Conner
http://www.scopeboy.com/