Re: VTTC using 4-400's?

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
Hi Ed, Brad,
On-line spec sheets are very handy reference tools. Great if you know all the theory and circuit design considerations. If, however, one is a newbie, and/or one wants some background, and/or one just likes real books, then I still think TT-5 is the way to go. The data sheets occupy 179 of the 316 pages in TT-5. the rest is taken up by:
1. Power Tube Fundamentals
2. Construction & Materials
3. Power Tube Applications
4. Power tube circuit design
5. Power Tube Operating Conditions and Adjustments
6. Power Tube Installation
7. Rectifier Considerations
8. Interpretation of Tube Data
9. Actual circuits (detailed)
10. Reading List (most important!!)

Matt D.

"Data is necessary to understanding, but it is not understanding" D. H. Martin III