From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: solid state nst?
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:04:34 -0700

Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx

Frosty,

You can generally determine which type you have just by the weight. The plain transformer type (just steel and copper) that we want, are heavy. The solid state types are much smaller for the same rating and weigh one half as much or less. I have lots of neon in my shop at work and have both style of transformers. I understand the solid state type do not work well for Tesla coils but I have not tried them.

Ed Sonderman