Re: MOT current

Original poster: "Langer Giv'r" <transworldsnowboarding19@xxxxxxxxxxx>

so I would need about 4 transformers just for the Ballast??? that means i have to aquire at least 8 transformers... hmmm... i have no idea how i would get so many, not to mention i have to get a Variac as well. But thanks for the info!

From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: MOT current
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:26:43 -0700

Original poster: "S&JY" <youngsters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Langer,

Your MOT stack can output up to half an amp!  You should size your saltwater
cap to tune to your primary which should have at least 8 turns, and not be
concerned with trying to match your cap to the MOT current.

You probably will need 4 MOTs in  series-parallel for your ballast.  Using
just one is likely to overheat rather quickly.
--Steve Y.