General Caging RE: Faraday cage with Paint

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

> Good input, I will be building a high voltage lab in a year or so
> (delusion coming true) and would like to build a high-quality shielded
> lab indeed. Would you know of a good source for the fine mesh bronze
> screen wire? I am assuming this screen is also grounded to a RF ground
> (copper rod in ground).
   It is generally done, tho not strictly neccesary.
   Arguably the trickiest point for a general service cage is the
   joints, the edges, where pieces come together.  Roughly,
   leakage is proportional to the longest SINGLE dimension
   of an opening.  So two panels, unless bonded 'frequently'
   have little shielding value.  But.

   For 'Tesla' work, with '100s KHz and down' this is not a big deal,
   except for any 'VHF strays' from the gap, etc.  This includes
   doors, etc.  Also, filtering 'in the wall' for ALL wires is
   a must do.  And a cage is no cage unless the floor be
   handled.

   best
    dwp