RE: Faraday cage with Paint

Original poster: "Hooper, Christopher AZ" <christopher.az.hooper@xxxxxxxxx>

Ed,

Good input, I will be building a high voltage lab in a year or so
(delusion coming true) and would like to build a high-quality shielded
lab indeed. Would you know of a good source for the fine mesh bronze
screen wire? I am assuming this screen is also grounded to a RF ground
(copper rod in ground).

Rgs,
Christopher robin
-----------------------------------
    There's a big difference between use of a moderately conductive
material like aquadag for electrostatic shielding and use as RF
shielding.  Nickel plating the inside of the room would help, but I'd
bet that use of the paint originally suggested would produce results
too small to measure.  Chicken wire would be far better and cheaper,
even if it's kind of a nuisance to install.  Standard practice in
high-quality "shielded rooms" is two use two separated layers of very
fine mesh bronze screen wire, with great attention to low-resistance
door seals.

Ed