solid state nst?

Original poster: Frosty <frosty90@xxxxxxxxx>

im new to this mailing list and fairly new to tesal coiling and i live in australia. ive built two small tesla coils so far (very small cheap and dirty, because i dont have much money to spend on such things). most of my parts have been salvage from old tvs, microwaves etc. i recieved a small nst from a friend a couple of years ago (6000v 30mA), but i cant get it to work with my tesla coil. I was previously using a ignition coil and any thing from saltwater capacitors to a bank of 3kV ceramics. The Nst seems to be a solid state inverter or something because it isnt heavy enough to be an actual transformer. a am guessing that it works like a flyback or something like that, but i havent got an oscilloscope or any thing to see exactly what its giving out.

has anyone ever seen these before?
can they be used for a tesla coil?
 if any one out there knows the answers, they would be much appreciated!!

thanks