Re: Faraday cage with Paint

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Criss,

Intriguing paint , it contains conductive fibers. Unfortunately it's about
100 time more expensive than chicken wire per unit area at the recommendced
one mm dry thickness and probably less effective particularly at Tesla coil
frequencies. It's probably not conductive at DC and low frequencies in which
case it will not protect the interior of your walls from direct arcs from
your coil that contain a significant DC component.

<christopher.az.hooper@xxxxxxxxx>

> Good day great coilers,
>
> In the midst of a research paper for my Thesis, I ran across a paint @
> http://www.forcefieldwireless.com/defendair.html as a quote below from
> this website -
>
> "This specially formulated paint will help decrease the transmission of
> radio waves through walls, doors or any paintable surface.  A great
> solution for protecting your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or any wireless network in
> the 5GHz or less frequency range. Paint a shield on one wall or around
> your entire house."
>
> Next time I paint the garage, I may try some of this. Looks beter than
> chicken wire on the walls?!?

Robert (R. A.) Jones
A1 Accounting, Inc., Fl
407 649 6400