To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2006 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: HV xray cable revisited

Hi David and all that are interested in this thread,
Puting the Blumlien effect aside, I have wondered what people think about grounding the outer shield of the cable to RF ground instead of mains ground. The advantage I see is if a secondary arc makes it to the cable, the current will be returned to the base directly and not thru the mains ground.
Gerry R.

As I said, I do ground
the outer braids of both to the mains 60 hz ground and the ex-
terior tank of the pig.