Re: HV xray cable revisited

Hi,

At 10:49 PM 1/6/2006, you wrote:
The whole reason I removed the shield in the first place, was all the buzz
about Bluemline effect.

It is a tough thing... Will the added capacitance mess up your coil??? But really, I strongly recommend NOT changing those HV cables around by stripping off the shields and such... You are opening up a can of worms there... Most cables like that are toooo "high tech" to "change"... There are a lot of messy details involved... There are a lot of cables with custom "theories" of design out there... You just can't go second guessing all them geniuses ;-)))

Use HV AC cables as they were designed and they will be vast overkill... Go "changing things", and get far far away during power up ;-)))

Cheers,

        Terry