Re: Flat vs V shape Primary

Original poster: Blake Hartley <teslaspud@xxxxxxxxx>

My primary is built with PVC pipe and wire ties, so i can flatten it for a flat primary and bend it in if i want to go conical.

Blake

On 1/6/06, Tesla list <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: <mailto:FutureT@xxxxxxx>FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 1/5/06 10:31:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Ok I want to build a second coil but I'm debating if I should go with
>a flat or V shape Primary coil.
>What's the advantages?
>Which is best?
>
>Gates

Gates,

Flat or V shape work fine.  Flat will give enough coupling so
if it's easier to build then use that.  Flat probably gives less
of a problem with streamer strikes to the primary.  I use
flat primaries these days.  When I do use a "V" I make it
rather flat about 15% from horizontal.

John