Re: Terry's New Plane Wave Antenna

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

p.s.
about "cloud" and induced charge.

> Original poster: Terry Fritz <vardin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> the residual charge in the surroundings could
> last days...  One needs a metal room that you know is grounded
> without odd objects messing things up from a theoretically perfect
> space.  That includes the experimenter with synthetic clothing and
> rubber shoes...

oh nooo, i`m scared as heck >: OOO
: )))

> So It might seem that if a Tesla coil spewed out negative ions it
> would charge the surrounds negative.  However, if it made an ion
> cloud "out there" as Marco suggest, the surroundings would be induced
> positive!!!

"cloud" charge seems present no problem at all - just wait about a
minute after the coil`s shutdown.
surroundings - again - there would be no any induced charge after a
minute or so, but there may be a collected charge, which may induce
something on the probe.
here is my question - how strong could be that induction, assuming
that collector located sufficiently far from the walls, ceilings and
so on? i think nobody really knows, but it can be easily checked -
just run a coil without the collector, then bring the collector into
its place and measure the order of magnitude of charge. you can run
the coil again, and after its shutdown bring _another_
collector into place and see, if order of magnitude of induced charge
is noticeably increased or not.

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D