Re: Flat vs V shape Primary

Hi Gates,

I presume you mean an inverted conical primary when you say V shape. Inverted conicals are a lot harder to build and give you higher coupling than flat primaries. Sufficient coupling is generally thought to not be a problem with most coils as you can still over couple with a flat primary. If the coil is very low power, there may be some advantage with a inverted conical, but most just save themselves the effort and do a flat primary.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Gates" <ryker@xxxxxxx>

Ok I want to build a second coil but I'm debating if I should go with a flat or V shape Primary coil.
What's the advantages?
Which is best?

Gates