From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: First Light - And Then Darkness...
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 08:31:50 -0700

Original poster: "C. Sibley" <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

I tried cleaning the gaps and set them closer.  They
fire fine with only 50V input to the NST when the
primary circuit is disconnected.

When the primary circuit is connected, no spark, and
the transformer hums like it is driving a short
circuit.

I'm beginning to suspect a capacitor might be the
culprit, but havent had any time to pursue further.

Curt.