Re: Bleeder Resistors

Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Steve: I looked at your schematic and if the circuit was as the schematic
indicates the ac transformer would provide a discharge path. However when
capacitors are in series The transformer can not discharge all capacitors
unless each capacitor has a resistor inplace to provide a DC path for
discharge. Each capacitor in series is two conductors separated by an
insulator and any residual charge within the series can not be discharged
with out a DC path.
    Robert   H