RE: Intro

Original poster: "James Kirby" <jckirby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Q

(Always wanted to say that)

>if you are new to this and want to know about coiling fundamentals or
>want to get an idea of the dimensioning of a coil I suggest you to
>read the documents on the site www.deepfriedneon.com

Excellent information thank you.

I carried many of Tesla's works in my store but had little time to absorb
the information. I have read and saved the info on pupmans list. I will
research this thoroughly.

The coil will be placed in a public art gallery in the center of a large
room. Above it will hang maybe 3-5 feet the steel frame cage say 7' square.
I expect there will be restrictions on just how big I can make this thing so
I have to talk with the curator on this. My job would be to make safe for
public viewing and to not burn the Gallery down. I have two years to
complete this, I hope that is enough time.

>Do you want to have a coil inside a steel cage,
>which is then tied to ground so you get bright and ear-deafening
>strikes into this cage? It might be a problem that your coil may have
>a preferred breakout point at it's toroid and a preferred target at
>the cage so it strikes to the same spot over and over again which
>seems not to be the effect you wanted

I would like the strikes to be all over the framing of the cage and in the
center of the cage there will also be hanging a metal structure that I would
like to see hit. Is it possible to gain tight control of the striking
points?

Thank you again

James (off to study) Kirby