Re: spark gap/ primary coil

Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx In a message dated 2/22/2006 3:22:40 PM Pacific Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: Just Justin <rocketfuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On the subject of 1/4" copper tubing, I wonder if any here have
recommendations for a good moveable clamp that fits the 1/4" tube
well?  My current clamp has some steel in it and tends to get
a bit too hot to touch after just a little while ;)

Justin

Justin,

My clamps utilize a short piece of copper tubing, like 1/2" long, cut into two pieces lengthwise. These two pieces are then opened up so they fit over the outside of the primary tubing. Then find a suitable spring loaded clip and file out a space for these two pieces to fit in crosswise and solder them in place.

Ed Sonderman