Re: how deep do the coilers prefer doing it? : )

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Terry,

you`ve wrote here:
http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/sync_motor.txt

"I am sitting here making a sync motor too.
[...]
I just powered my motor up and it runs perfectly and is in sync.  The
current draw is 4.7 amps and the motor is rated for 5 amps so It runs
fine."

the motor was rated for 5a at full load? and it was drawing 4.7a at
idling? % )
my motor rated for about 2.2a and it consumpted 0.35a with no load
before conversion, now being semi-converted (not sync yet, flats are
only 1/3 rotor o.d. - too shallow) it`s current drawing is the same.

btw - do i need some degree of darkness to use a fluorescent bulb as
a strobe? coz i can`t see _any_ pattern on cd (used in place of rsg
disk, has 1cm wide stripe painted with black marker, then i painted
1/4 of the disk surface with the same result - no results) at day
light : \

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D