Re: how deep do the coilers prefer doing it? : )

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Jeremiah,

> I'll see if i can upload some pics with big arrows on
> them.

like this one:
http://www.funet.fi/pub/sci/electrical/tesla/pictures/turner/salnt_6t.jpg
? save your bandwith in that case - i had all of them long ago : )

>   your motor is nothing special, I've seen your
> pictures.

i`ve never call it "special" % )

>   If you think yours has 5 poles (which it
> doesn't, I'm looking at the stator pics right now),
> your probably getting the starting windings mixed up
> with the running windings.

you`ve confused stator poles with magnetic poles - i was talkin about
stator poles (stator slots) here - "you mean that i must cut 5 poles
in lenght?" : ) my motor has 2 magnetic poles, and _zero_ starting
windings - only _run_ windings, since this motor is _cap run_ one.

>   if there is no gap between  the windings, than you automatically
> figure: 2 flats,  max 1/4 circumference if you goal is 3600rpm sync.

yes, i haven`t gaps and you are second person for yesterday, who told
me about "1/4 circumference", but it`s 0.707 of rotor diameter - imo a
way too much % )

> If you've read so much about salient pole motors that
> you can doubt my word, than why would you waist the
> list members time by asking questions?

i have just asked the question - not more, but not less. if you don`t
want to answer it - just don`t do it : D
and i don`t waist anybody`s time - you always do it by yourself : D

> If in fact, this motor truly is "to much % )" for you,
> than you should look for a motor that is closer to the
> rpm you want, like 1580rpm, if you want a 1800rpm sync
> operation.

i want 3000rpm, so my 2780rpm motor is more closer than your 1580rpm,
coz i my case slippage = 7.33%, instead of 12.22% in yours : )

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D