New DRSSTC Driver Variation

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>

Here is a new variation of a sychronized DRSSTC driver which we had been
using on various prototype systems.  The driver is quite simple and
works very well, although we are now using embedded
processors/microcontrollers for control/fdfi.

http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/drsstc_driver.pdf

The design still incorporates basic latching logic which is similar to
what Terry Fritz has done with discrete logic and steve ward with
packaged flip-flops.

Basically, its provides two level of synchronization.  Firstly, it
provides synchronization at fault turn-off to ensure a pulse shuts down
at zero current and not mid-pulse.   The second level of synchronization
is that the circuit will not allow the system to restart during an
existing modulator pulse (interruptor) and will wait until the following
pulse to restart if the fault signal is lost.  This is truly
synchronized and not done with a one-shot timer.

Again, i'm not claiming this is an improved driver, but rather just a
different variation.

Enjoy!

Dan