Re: Tc first start

Hi Adriano,

Use JAVATC and it will tell you very accurately how to it tuned (within one turn). Many on this list can help you use the tool if needed, but it is very self explainatory with a lot of graphical help files.

http://www.classictesla.com/java/javatc.html

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Adriano Mollica" <adriano.mollica@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello to everyone,

this week end i did the first start to the tesla coil i built.

Of course it doen't work...

too bad.

But, what the problem was? i suppose a wrong tuning.

At the beginning there were no sparks at all, then i put  the terminal of
the sparking gap closest each other, and it starts sparking...but still not
lighting bolts from the top. then i put a copper wire on the side of the
toroids, and some little sparks come out, almost 3'' long. I was only able
to turn on a neon tube at the distance of a couple of meters.

very poor.

i know, that a coil so big should generate 75cm sparks ... what is wrong?

help me please.
bye bye