RE: Disassembling transformers

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

Since it's current-limited, running an NST with the secondary shorted
won't draw any more power than its faceplate rating.  So I don't know
how that could result in melting of the tar.

I used an enclosed Weber BBQ grill to cook my NST and melt the whole
stinkin' mess - a process I hope I never have to repeat!  I used paint
thinner for the final dissolve.  If someone had poured that mess onto my
driveway, they would definitely be off my Christmas card list.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA