Re: COIL WINDING

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx In a message dated 2/7/06 11:24:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>   Seems the consensus is "left to right, over the top" except for
>one "right to left, over the top".

Right to left, under the bottom would be the winding direction according to customary screw machine (lathe) work. FWIW, I made a winding rig (spare 48V DC motor, .5 KVA x-former to isolate/halve incoming line voltage, variac, bridge rectifier, fence pickets, 2x4's, angle iron, and Unistrut...) and I go left to right, over the top.
    Half an hour to wind, a week to varnish.

-Phil LaBudde